News & Event
Greater Worcester Community Foundation is seeking a Donor Services Associate to join their team. Under the guidance of the Director of Donor Services and the Scholarship Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support for donor relations, marketing, and the scholarship program. This is a full-time position.
Of particular interest are projects that result in:
Greater Worcester Community Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2017 Fallon/OrNda Community Health Fund. A number of the organizations receiving grants will provide support or creation of primary care outreach services to vulnerable populations, disease prevention, and health promotion programming. Some of the programs will also bring health services directly to those who need it most, removing the barriers that prevent people from receiving services such as lack of transportation, cultural competency of providers, language differences, or others.
Those organizations receiving funding are:
●Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence
●Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Worcester
●Dismas House of Central Massachusetts
●Family Health Center of Worcester
●Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Services
●Pathways for Change
●Pernet Family Health Service
●Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
●Reliant Medical Group Foundation
●Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts
●Worcester Youth Center
●Youth Opportunities Upheld (YOU), Inc.
The Foundation announced today the awarding of $342,00 through the Fairlawn Foundation Fund that will serve the health needs of Central Massachusetts. For 2017, the Fairlawn Foundation focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community.
Each of this year’s grantees are striving to have meaningful, measurable impact on the mental health of young people. The following organizations received grants from the Fairlawn Foundation Fund:
● CASA Project to pilot an innovative, collaborative approach to ensure that children in the foster care system who require mental health services get access to them in a timely manner with fewer barriers.
● Children’s Friend, Inc. to increase the ability of schools and area organizations to address the needs of LGBTQI youth and their families, this pilot will include close collaboration with a school district and the development of supportive education and training materials.
● Community Healthlink to expand a program that integrates wellness interventions into children’s behavioral health services for children with serious emotional disorders, improving their overall health and quality of life.
● Genesis Club to work with area high schools to insure that teens who would benefit from the Club’s mental health support services are informed about and tracked into the program.
● HOPE Coalition for the Worcester ACTs (Addressing Childhood Trauma) partnership that seeks to provide mental health supports to young children who are exposed to violence, and their families, addressing short-term issues with the hope of preventing long-term challenges.
Fairlawn Foundation, a donor advised fund at the Foundation, is a philanthropic endowment dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area through grants to nonprofit organizations in our region.
370 Main St. Suite 650, Worcester, MA 01608 (508) 755-0980 Email us Enews Signup
Give Now Donor Central
Privacy Site Map