News & Event
The Foundation today announced the awardees of its 2017 Mary B. Grogan Fund for Youth. The Mary B. Grogan Fund for Youth, created in 2001, in dedication of Mary Grogan’s decades of leadership in the Worcester County 4-H Foundation, specifically benefits young residents of Millbury. Those organizations receiving funds this year are:
Greater Worcester Community Foundation today announced the awardees of its 2016 Summer grant program. The Foundation recognizes that the summer months represent unique opportunities and risks for young people, and award grants for school summer vacation programming.
The Foundation recently announced the awarding of over $630,000 in college scholarships to local residents for the 2017-18 academic year. Awards ranged from $300 to $5,000 and were given to 390 students who are beginning or continuing their college educations. Recipients throughout Worcester County were selected through a highly competitive process on the basis of merit, financial need and special criteria established by the foundation’s donors.
Since the scholarship program began in 1978, the foundation has awarded $10.5 million to 7,318 students through 130 scholarship funds, each endowed by local donors with eligibility criteria reflecting various interests. More than 167 volunteers on 50 selection committees awarded the scholarships, the highest number of awards and annual scholarship payout in the history of the foundation.
Students from the following high schools will be receiving scholarships for the 2017-18 academic year:
· Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
· Algonquin Regional High School
· Assabet Valley Vocational High School
· Auburn High School
· Bartlett High School
· Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School
· Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional High School
· Burncoat Senior High School
· Claremont Academy
· Clinton Senior High School
· David Prouty High School
· Doherty Memorial High School
· Douglas High School
· Fitchburg High School
· Grafton Memorial High School
· Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School
· Leicester High School
· Leominster High School
· Massachusetts Academy of Math & Science
· Milford High School
· Millbury Memorial Jr/Sr High School
· Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical High School
· Murdock Middle/High School
· Narraganset Regional High School
· Nashoba Regional High School
· Nipmuc Regional Middle/High School
· North Brookfield High School
· North High School
· North Middlesex Regional High School
· Northbridge High School
· Oakmont Regional High School
· Oxford High School
· Quabbin Regional High School
· Shepherd Hill Regional High School
· Shrewsbury High School
· South High Community School
· St. John's High School
· St. Peter-Marian CC Jr/Sr High School
· Sutton Memorial Jr/Sr High School
· Tahanto Regional High School
· Tantasqua Regional High School
· University Park Campus School
· Uxbridge High School
· Wachusett Regional High School
· West Bolyston Jr/Sr High School
· Westborough High School
· Whitinsville Christian School
· Winchendon School
· Worcester Technical High School
The Foundation’s scholarship program enables college-bound high school seniors to be considered for multiple opportunities through a single online application. The next application cycle will open in early January 2018.
For more information, please contact Scholarship Program Manager Beckley Schowalter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation announced today the awarding of $342,00 through the Fairlawn Foundation Fund that will serve the health needs of Central Massachusetts. For 2017, the Fairlawn Foundation focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community.
Each of this year’s grantees are striving to have meaningful, measurable impact on the mental health of young people. The following organizations received grants from the Fairlawn Foundation Fund:
● CASA Project to pilot an innovative, collaborative approach to ensure that children in the foster care system who require mental health services get access to them in a timely manner with fewer barriers.
● Children’s Friend, Inc. to increase the ability of schools and area organizations to address the needs of LGBTQI youth and their families, this pilot will include close collaboration with a school district and the development of supportive education and training materials.
● Community Healthlink to expand a program that integrates wellness interventions into children’s behavioral health services for children with serious emotional disorders, improving their overall health and quality of life.
● Genesis Club to work with area high schools to insure that teens who would benefit from the Club’s mental health support services are informed about and tracked into the program.
● HOPE Coalition for the Worcester ACTs (Addressing Childhood Trauma) partnership that seeks to provide mental health supports to young children who are exposed to violence, and their families, addressing short-term issues with the hope of preventing long-term challenges.
Fairlawn Foundation, a donor advised fund at the Foundation, is a philanthropic endowment dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area through grants to nonprofit organizations in our region.
370 Main St. Suite 650, Worcester, MA 01608 (508) 755-0980 Email us Enews Signup
Give Now Donor Central
Privacy Site Map