News & Event
The Foundation announced today the awarding of $342,00 through the Fairlawn Foundation Fund that will serve the health needs of Central Massachusetts. For 2017, the Fairlawn Foundation focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community.
Each of this year’s grantees are striving to have meaningful, measurable impact on the mental health of young people. The following organizations received grants from the Fairlawn Foundation Fund:
● CASA Project to pilot an innovative, collaborative approach to ensure that children in the foster care system who require mental health services get access to them in a timely manner with fewer barriers.
● Children’s Friend, Inc. to increase the ability of schools and area organizations to address the needs of LGBTQI youth and their families, this pilot will include close collaboration with a school district and the development of supportive education and training materials.
● Community Healthlink to expand a program that integrates wellness interventions into children’s behavioral health services for children with serious emotional disorders, improving their overall health and quality of life.
● Genesis Club to work with area high schools to insure that teens who would benefit from the Club’s mental health support services are informed about and tracked into the program.
● HOPE Coalition for the Worcester ACTs (Addressing Childhood Trauma) partnership that seeks to provide mental health supports to young children who are exposed to violence, and their families, addressing short-term issues with the hope of preventing long-term challenges.
Fairlawn Foundation, a donor advised fund at the Foundation, is a philanthropic endowment dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area through grants to nonprofit organizations in our region.
The Foundation today announced the awarding of $348,717 through the Fairlawn Foundation Fund that will serve the health needs of Central Massachusetts. Those who received funding will help make a positive difference by improving health care workforce training and supporting demonstration projects that improve care delivery to patients.
Greater Worcester Community Foundation is currently accepting grant applications for its Fairlawn Foundation Fund. The Fairlawn Foundation Fund is dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area through grants to nonprofit organizations in Central Massachusetts. Since its inception in 1992, more than $6 Million has been awarded in grants to support capital needs, clinical services, and professional education.
In 2017, the Fairlawn Foundation will be focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community. The Fund is especially interested in projects that:
To be considered eligible, applicants must be tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations as recognized by IRS code 501(c)(3) located in the greater Worcester area.
Applications must be received online by Friday, June 16th. For more information, please contact Jonathan Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-755-0980.
Greater Worcester Community Foundation today announced the recipients of its 2017 Fallon/OrNda Community Health Fund. A number of the organizations receiving grants will provide support or creation of primary care outreach services to vulnerable populations, disease prevention, and health promotion programming. Some of the programs will also bring health services directly to those who need it most, removing the barriers that prevent people from receiving services such as lack of transportation, cultural competency of providers, language differences, or others.
Those organizations receiving funding are:
●Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence
●Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Worcester
●Dismas House of Central Massachusetts
●Family Health Center of Worcester
●Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Services
●Pathways for Change
●Pernet Family Health Service
●Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
●Reliant Medical Group Foundation
●Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts
●Worcester Youth Center
●Youth Opportunities Upheld (YOU), Inc.
The Foundation today announced the awardees of the Fallon/OrNda Community Health Fund. The purpose of the fund is to advance projects that increase access to healthcare or health promotion services that address the social determinants of health. Those organizations receiving funds this year are:
370 Main St. Suite 650, Worcester, MA 01608 (508) 755-0980 Email us Enews Signup
Give Now Donor Central
Privacy Site Map