Nonprofit Support Center: Helping Nonprofits Thrive and Excel
Our mission here at GWCF is to enhance the community, now and in the future, through philanthropic leadership. That inspiring generosity, wisely stewarding resources entrusted to us, and effective grant making.
But it’s more than that – it also includes helping nonprofit organizations thrive. They are primary drivers of positive change and are indispensable. Nonprofits are important. Their work is unique and challenging, and their success is not a given. The Nonprofit Support Center helps them thrive by providing excellent, timely, user-friendly programs.
NSC began in 1991 as a partnership among GWCF, United Way of Central MA and the Higher Education Consortium of Central MA (then called The Colleges of Worcester). In 1998 it became an in-house technical assistance program of GWCF. If you’re interested in our history, you can find more here.
We’ve just published our Spring 2017 schedule of workshops. Offerings will include:
· Engaging Stories (and using them to drive nonprofits success), presented by Lani Peterson, Psy. D. Lani is a nationally known storyteller, consultant, and executive coach.
· Ensuring Board Effectiveness – Tools for Nonprofit CEO’s, presented by Gayle Gifford, AFCRE. Gayle is the author of How to Make Your Board Dramatically More Effective, Starting Today, and is a principal at the consulting firm, Cause & Effect.
· Making Social Media Work More for your Nonprofit, Jake Messier, Chief Operating Officer of the Mungo Creative Group,a national marketing communications company. Jake’s clients have included WGBH, A Celtic Sojourn and Outside the Box, New England’s largest free arts, music, and innovation festival.
· Writing Effective Proposals (Advanced), with Dodi Swope. Back by popular acclaim, Dodi is a graduate instructor in Community Development at Clark University and a well know figure on the Worcester nonprofit scene.
· Unraveling Diversity and Inclusion, by Deborah Plummer, Ph.D. Deborah is Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion at UMass Medical School, a nationally recognized expert in the field and author of Advancing Inclusion.
· Multi-Year Financial Planning and Strategy, by Hilda Polanco. Hilda is Founder and CEO of FMA, a national consulting firm designed to help nonprofits build the “fiscal muscle” the need to meet their missions. Hilda is well-known for her extensive expertise and highly engaging presentation style.
Learn more and register here.