The Online Application system allows you to:
- upload files directly from your own server
- share your drafts with others inside your organization
- log on/off at your convenience until ready to submit
- receive immediate confirmation that your application is complete
- keep track of your application history
- Please write down and save your password
- You’ll use the same log-in information for all applications to the Foundation, over time
- If someone else from your organization has applied to the Foundation, they have already created an account for your organization
- If possible, please use the account created by your organization’s previous applicant
Steps to Apply
It is helpful to call us before you apply, particularly if you are applying to us for the first time or plan a new program. This conversation will allow you to find out more and how we operate, and enable us to learn about your organization.
- Call 508-755-0980 and ask to speak with a program officer. Once your application has been completed and moved forward for consideration, you will be assigned a program officer, who will contact you to develop an understanding of your organization and its distinctive strengths, challenges and aspirations. Every completed application will be considered by a Foundation committee. Every applicant will be notified of the status, either approved or declined.
DELETION OF DRAFTS POLICY:
Unless the applicant requests otherwise through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the Foundation shall delete any applications remaining in “draft” stage 60 days after the deadline.
About Community Grants
Greater Worcester Community Foundation uses the money entrusted to us to help make our region a vibrant and healthy place for all people. Community grants are made to nonprofit organizations for a wide range of topics.
Community grants are typically $5,000 to $25,000 and are made for one year at a time. We fund new initiatives that need seed money to get started as well as time-tested efforts that need grants to keep them going. We welcome first-time applicants as well as existing and past grantees. Programs must be located in, or benefit residents of, Worcester or the cities and towns within Central Massachusetts.
Community Application Instructions
To help you prepare a more effective proposal, we have created a set of instructions for your use. Click here to view them.