Fairlawn Foundation Fund
Fairlawn Foundation is dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area by supporting innovative projects, rooted in evidence-based practice, that strive to produce demonstrable outcomes. In 2013, Fairlawn Foundation aligned its priorities with those laid out in the Greater Worcester Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Areas of Interest
Beginning 2017, the Foundation is focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community. Proposals selected for funding will have a strong evidence base, specific outcomes, and measurable indicators of progress or effectiveness.
We are especially interested in projects that:
- Increase the supply of qualified, culturally competent and appropriately credentialed mental health professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Address gaps in service, increase access to services and diminish stigma.
- Include realistic sustainability plans that address relevant policy concerns; explicit focus on policy, advocacy &/or education of the public is encouraged.
- Recognize the need for wrap-around services and incorporate them in program design and execution.
- Include the perspectives of persons with lived experience of the issues being addressed.
- Show evidence of significant collaboration; joint proposals are encouraged.
Applicants must be tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations as recognized by IRS code 501(c)(3) serving the greater Worcester area.
- Applications for significant projects (grant size $100K or more) will be considered.
- Multi-year funding requests will be considered.
- Fairlawn prefers to be a significant funder of projects it supports.
In 1921 members of the Worcester Swedish community established Fairlawn Hospital as a way to serve the growing health needs of the area. Its board of trustees transferred ownership of the hospital in 1991 to a for-profit rehabilitation corporation in response to changes taking place in the healthcare system. In 1992, proceeds from that transaction established the Fairlawn Foundation, an endowed fund administered by Greater Worcester Community Foundation, and one of the earliest health conversion foundations in Massachusetts. Since its inception, Fairlawn has awarded over $6 Million in grants to support capital needs, clinical services, and professional education.
Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the Fairlawn Foundation grant committee.
Friday, June 16, 2017
Application Forms & Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Contact: Jonathan Cohen