Jeppson Memorial Fund
The Jeppson Memorial Fund of Greater Worcester Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund established in 1977 with a portion of its available income earmarked specifically for the community of Brookfield, Massachusetts.
The Jeppson Memorial Fund for Brookfield provides money to civic and community projects that help improve the lives of residents and enrich the cultural environment.
An advisory committee comprised of Brookfield residents and others shall review and recommend awards. Approximately $6,500 is available for Brookfield on an annual basis. All eligible applications received by the deadline will be given full consideration.
Areas of Interest
The Jeppson Memorial Fund for Brookfield provides support for:
- Cultural or artistic performances; public seminars; festivals or exhibitions
- Services that help frail or vulnerable citizens, or that contribute to public health and safety
- Opportunities for educational enrichment
- Youth involvement in recreation, sports and the arts
- Projects that foster community awareness and connections among different groups
Any nonprofit or civic organization that serves the residents of Brookfield may apply.
Scope and Limitations
Grants from the Jeppson Memorial Fund may be used for general support, special programs, staff costs, equipment purchase, construction or supplies; training or conferences; planning efforts with other organizations; research and program evaluation.
- Awards will be made only to nonprofit organizations.
- Jeppson Memorial Fund awards are not intended to replace municipal funds.
- Grant funds may not be used for expenses already incurred by the applicant.
- Grant awards average $1,300. The Jeppson Memorial Fund will award approximately $7,000 annually.
Note: If a deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, proposals are due the following business day at 5:00 p.m
Application Forms & Instructions
Application guidelines and required materials can be found here.
Greater Worcester Community Foundation
Contact: Pam Kane
370 Main Street, Suite 650
Worcester, MA 01608-1738
Telephone: (508) 755-0980