Scholarships for College
Greater Worcester Community Foundation offers many college scholarships, ranging in size from $300 to $5,000. Students apply online from January through early March. Recipients are selected in April and May. Scholarships are awarded for the following academic year beginning in September.
- Our scholarship cycle opens on January 5, 2016. Beginning on January 5th, our online application will be available through a link on this page. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 7, 2016. Please read the Eligibility section below.
- Renewal Deadline: January 26, 2016. If you received a renewable scholarship in June 2015, your request to renew it is due by 5:00 p.m. on January 26, 2016. The Foundation will email your Renewal Request materials to you in late November.
- To receive 99% of our scholarships, you MUST live in Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- If you do NOT live in central Massachusetts, please click here.
All of our scholarships are awarded for full-time enrollment in an undergraduate 2- or 4-year degree program at an accredited college or university. If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you are not eligible for our scholarships. Beyond these basic eligibility criteria, each of our scholarship funds have additional unique criteria established by our donors. Using information from the scholarship application, Foundation staff match all applicants with the scholarships for which they are eligible.
With few exceptions, our scholarships are available ONLY to graduating high school seniors in Worcester County. The current exceptions are:
- Worcester County students transferring from a 2-year college to a 4-year college or university
- Children of members of the Fitchburg Sportsmen's Club or the Worcester Rugby Football Club
- Members of Congregation B'nai Shalom (Westborough, MA) or St. Mary's Assumption Orthodox Albanian Church (Worcester, MA)
- Relatives of employees of: Christie & Thomson, Cutler Associates, Cutler Design, Feingold Companies, Milford Water Company, Quinsigamond Automotive Warehouse, R. H. White Companies, Rotman's Furniture Company, Whitinsville Water Company
- Recent high school graduates from Worcester County who have had cancer, or have had a parent with cancer, and are enrolled in a 4-year college