At the Greater Worcester Community Foundation, our mission is to enhance our community, now and in the future, through philanthropic leadership. If you're interested in working with a group of community-oriented nonprofit professionals supporting active philanthropy and civic leadership, we want to hear from you. Below is a list of open positions.
Office of the President & CEO
Executive Assistant: GWCF is seeking a full-time executive assistant to the president and CEO. The executive assistant will be a confidential assistant primarily responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Philanthropy & Donor Services
Philanthropy Officer, Scholarship: The Program Officer for Scholarship, (PO) is responsible for the Foundation’s Scholarship Program, one of GWCF’s most successful programs that annually distributes $700,000 to local area students pursuing post-secondary education. As a member of the Philanthropy and Donor Services team, the Program Officer is responsible for the management, implementation, and growth of the Foundation’s Scholarship Program. This is a highly visible career opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional. The PO reports to the Vice President of Philanthropy & Donor Services and works closely with donors, volunteers, school advisors and students.
The GWCF Scholarship Program is the region’s largest provider of scholarships to Worcester County students; one application opens the door to over 130 scholarships. At present, the program makes awards to roughly 400 students.
- Manage all aspects of the year-round scholarship program lifecycle; seek continuous improvement in terms of industry best practices
- Work with fund holders to ensure fund criteria and donor intent best matches community need
- Identify and work with prospective donors to grow existing or establish new Scholarship Funds
- Develop and sustain relationships with scholarship fund donors, Worcester County schools, community groups and relevant partners about scholarship opportunities
- Oversee and manage on-line application system and processes for both new and renewing scholarship; ensure integrity of system and databases
- Recruit, coordinate, and train volunteers to serve on scholarship selection committees
- Facilitate selection committees, including screening applicants, preparing materials and facilitating decision-making
- Coordinate award notification and payment of all awards
- Evaluate and report on program outcomes, working with Communications staff to highlight scholarship stories, donor stories and program metrics of interest to GWCF audiences
- Supervise staff and interns assisting the Scholarship Program
- Collaborate with Vice President on annual fund and other special projects and initiatives
- Trouble shoot any problems that arise with volunteers, students and schools
- Maintain positive and professional donor relations
- Maintain confidentiality of Community Foundation affairs in written and oral communication and adhere to operational policies and procedures of Foundation
- Produce required reports and presentations
- Ability to work additional hours when Foundation business warrants it
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years’ related professional experience in nonprofit advancement, financial aid, development or donor services; experience with volunteer management preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people including donors, students, volunteers, and grantees; demonstrated cultural competency
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects effectively while adhering to priorities
- Exhibit sound judgement and discretion when dealing with confidential and financial information
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, possess strong attention to detail, and seen as a team player
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office products as well as database management