Community Grant Program
Application Opens: July 15, 2020
Application Deadline: September 14, 2020
Greater Worcester Community Foundation awards Community Grants to support nonprofit organizations that create access to opportunity and upward mobility in the Greater Worcester Region. Our communities need to be environments where basic needs are met, children are cared for, young people are educated and become productive citizens, and opportunities for civic participation are accessible to all. Community Grants are made possible by donors who have set up endowment funds with us for this purpose.
In addition to demonstrated capacity to successfully execute proposed programs and projects, we seek to fund proposals that reflect these core values:
- Creation of community conditions that enable upward mobility for people facing barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Elimination or reduction of racial disparities in life outcomes.
- Interventions that are based on convincing evidence, for both “tried and true” and more innovative approaches.
- Outcomes that demonstrate a clearly articulated understanding of how program participants will benefit and measurement of suitable indicators.
- Meaningful collaboration with other parties that impact the issues we seek to address.
- Inclusion of the perspectives of those with lived experience of the issues our funding seeks to address.
Areas of Interest