About the Creative Worcester Initiative
Greater Worcester Community Foundation is excited to partner with the Barr Foundation to support and elevate the creative community of Worcester. Through several initiatives, we look to do our part to energize and elevate Worcester’s dynamic creative ecosystem by helping support innovative projects and thoughtful planning.
The Creative Worcester Initiative will support organizations and individuals in the creative sector, and those committed to strengthening the sector, to develop deeper engagement with our changing and diverse community. Our aim is to foster a city where artists and creative entrepreneurs are welcomed and supported, quality projects are expanded and emulated, the contributions of our diverse populations are celebrated, and the sector is supported as a key driver of vitality and well-being.
Values Guiding Our Work
Greater Worcester Community Foundation believes that we build a stronger community when we use our grants and other resources to:
- Improve access to creative experiences for those who may have been traditionally excluded;
- Celebrate the assets of a diverse community, address injustice, welcome newcomers, and incorporate the views of those who are intended to benefit from funded programs;
- Foster dynamic collaborations among organizations and across sectors;
- Adopt practices based on proven evidence and use data to drive decisions;
- Help nonprofits improve their financial and management practices, and expand the base of community support.