Fairlawn Foundation Fund
Application Deadline: April 24, 2020
Fairlawn Foundation seeks to fund new and small burgeoning projects that innovatively address our community' Behavioral Health Needs, including both mental health and substance issues.
Areas of Interest
Since 2017, the Foundation has focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community. Proposals selected for funding must have: a strong evidence base; specific outcomes and measurable indicators of progress and/or effectiveness; the potential to be scalable and/or replicable; and, a realistic long-term sustainability plans.
We are especially interested in projects that:
- Increase the supply of qualified, culturally competent and appropriately credentialed mental health professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Close gaps in service, increase access to services and diminish stigma.
- Address relevant policy concerns, taking into account the need for public advocacy and/or education.
- Recognize the need for wrap-around services and incorporate them in program design and execution.
- Include the perspectives of persons with lived experience of the issues being addressed.
- Show evidence of significant collaboration; joint proposals are encouraged.
Applicants must be tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations as recognized by IRS code 501(c)(3) serving the greater Worcester area.
- Applications for significant projects (grant size $100K or more) will be considered.
- Projects that may require more than one year to complete will be considered. (Funding would be allocated on a year-to-year basis.)
- Fairlawn is not currently interested in funding capital projects.
- Fairlawn prefers to be a significant funder of projects it supports.