Friends of Learning in Killingly (FOLK) Fund
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020
The FOLK Fund was created with gifts from members and friends of the Killingly High School Class of 1966 to promote innovative, school-based educational projects in Killingly, Connecticut public schools. This fund is awarded by an advisory committee of Class of 1966 graduates.
Areas of Interest
The FOLK Fund seeks to support Killingly educators as they innovate. Grants up to $300 will be awarded to single teacher submissions and grants of up to $600 will be available for collaborations between teachers, academic departments or schools. Priority will be given to applications that focus on student participation projects.
- Pilot a project in your classroom or with your school community
- Fund field trips, visiting performers, or lecturers
- Purchase materials to enhance your curriculum
- Support a school club or start a new one
Check out FOLKtales (PDF, 1MB) for updates on projects carried out by past FOLK Fund awardees!
Scope and Limitations
- Grants are available to all Killingly Public School educators!
- There is no limit to the number of applications each educator or school may submit.
- Funds awarded must be spent by the end of the next school year.
- The Fund will not support individual scholarships or capital expenditures.
- Applicants must receive administrative approval for proposed projects.
Applicants may apply between November 1 and January 17 using our online application. Here's how:
- Email a request for log-in instructions to Sarah Shugrue.
- Complete and upload a Proposal Budget Form with your online application. The form is available here: Proposal Budget Form.
- If you received a FOLK Fund grant last year, you are required to complete and upload a Grant Report Form. The form is available here: Grant Report Form.
Email Program Officer Sarah Shugrue or call 508-755-0980.