Jeppson Memorial Fund
Application Deadline: June 26, 2020
The Jeppson Memorial Fund of Greater Worcester Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund established in 1977 with a portion of its available income earmarked specifically for the community of Brookfield, Massachusetts.
The Jeppson Memorial Fund for Brookfield provides money to civic and community projects that help improve the lives of residents and enrich the cultural environment.
An advisory committee comprised of Brookfield residents and others shall review and recommend awards. Approximately $6,500 is available for Brookfield on an annual basis. All eligible applications received by the deadline will be given full consideration.
Areas of Interest
The Jeppson Memorial Fund for Brookfield provides support for:
- Cultural or artistic performances; public seminars; festivals or exhibitions
- Services that help frail or vulnerable citizens, or that contribute to public health and safety
- Opportunities for educational enrichment
- Youth involvement in recreation, sports and the arts
- Projects that foster community awareness and connections among different groups
Any nonprofit or civic organization that serves the residents of Brookfield may apply.
Scope and Limitations
Grants from the Jeppson Memorial Fund may be used for general support, special programs, staff costs, equipment purchase, construction or supplies; training or conferences; planning efforts with other organizations; research and program evaluation.
- Awards will be made only to nonprofit organizations.
- Jeppson Memorial Fund awards are not intended to replace municipal funds.
- Grant funds may not be used for expenses already incurred by the applicant.
- Grant awards average $1,300. The Jeppson Memorial Fund will award approximately $6,500 annually.
Application Forms & Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.