The Business of Art
Individual artists are essential to a vibrant arts and culture ecosystem, but developing a successful creative career has unique challenges. That's why GWCF is teaming up with MASS MoCA's Assets for Artists to offer The Business of Art, a 6-month cohort program providing Worcester artists of color, or those who identify as low to moderate income, with the entrepreneurial support they need to grow and thrive in the post-pandemic cultural sector.
Applications for 2nd Cohort: October 15 - November 15, 2022
Meet our first “Business of Art” Grantee Cohort
The Business of Art is part of GWCF's Creative Worcester Initiative, a multi-year partnership with the Barr Foundation that is infusing the city of Worcester with knowledge and capital resources to center arts and culture as key components in a healthy, equitable community. With the help of the talented team at MASS MoCA’s Assets for Artists, The Business of Art will guide individual creatives in buiding financial and business resiliency through workshops, coaching, and more.
Benefits of the Cohort
Artists accepted to The Business of Art cohort will build a variety of skills to advance their creative careers. They'll have the following resources available to them:
- $2,000 mini-grant (upon completion of the program)
- Priority sign-up for free online workshops
- Individualized support and guidance from Assets for Artists staff or trainers
- Social media promotional support for 1-2 projects per artist with GWCF's social media accounts
How It Works
Here's what participants can expect as they take part in this 6-month program:
- Meet (remotely) one-on-one with an Assets for Artists staff member or trainer to discuss current goals or specific challenges
- Participate in at least one of The Business of Art cohort's connection events in 2023 (online meet-ups, with the possible in-person cohort activity available later in the program)
- Envision and share a business plan of their artistic and/or community goals for the next one to two years (Don't worry, we'll guide you in getting that done easily!)
Help Us Spread the Word!