Youth for Community Improvement (YCI) Fund
Application Deadline: Monday, Nov. 9, 2020
Youth for Community Improvement (YCI), an advisory committee of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation comprised of area high school students, requests proposals from Worcester County nonprofit organizations.
Proposals must speak to youth voice to be considered. Youth voice is the empowerment of young people through leadership roles, holding decision making power, and/or involvement of youth in program organization.
Areas of Interest
After an extensive community learning process, funding priorities are determined annually by each YCI class. The 2020 areas of interest are:
Access & Equity
- Racial justice awareness and education
- Civic participation efforts
- Projects supporting equity in education
- Technology access for students
- Organizations working on food access and distribution
- Organizations working to support basic needs of individuals and families
- Support for self-care and mental health supports in our community
- Support for community health education, PPE distribution to individuals and community testing
Scope and Limitations
Grants of up to $4,000 will be awarded. Total project budgets may not exceed $25,000.
Application Forms and Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Contact: YCI Staff