Fairlawn Foundation Fund
Fairlawn Foundation is dedicated to improving health and health care in the Worcester area by supporting innovative projects, rooted in evidence-based practice, that strive to produce demonstrable outcomes. In 2013, Fairlawn Foundation aligned its priorities with those laid out in the Greater Worcester Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
Areas of Interest
Since 2017, the Foundation has focused on innovative projects that address mental health needs in our community. The Foundation looks to be an incubator of scalable, replicable, sustainable projects. Proposals selected for funding will have a strong evidence base, specific outcomes & measurable indicators of progress and/or effectiveness, and realistic long-term funding plans.
We are especially interested in projects that:
- Increase the supply of qualified, culturally competent and appropriately credentialed mental health professionals and paraprofessionals.
- Close gaps in service, increase access to services and diminish stigma.
- Address relevant policy concerns, taking into account the need for public advocacy and/or education.
- Recognize the need for wrap-around services and incorporate them in program design and execution.
- Include the perspectives of persons with lived experience of the issues being addressed.
- Show evidence of significant collaboration; joint proposals are encouraged.
Applicants must be tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations as recognized by IRS code 501(c)(3) serving the greater Worcester area.
- Applications for significant projects (grant size $100K or more) will be considered.
- Projects that may require more than one year to complete will be considered. (Funding would be allocated on a year-to-year basis.)
- Fairlawn prefers to be a significant funder of projects it supports.
In 1921 members of the Worcester Swedish community established Fairlawn Hospital as a way to serve the growing health needs of the area. Its board of trustees transferred ownership of the hospital in 1991 to a for-profit rehabilitation corporation in response to changes taking place in the healthcare system. In 1992, proceeds from that transaction established the Fairlawn Foundation, an endowed fund administered by Greater Worcester Community Foundation, and one of the earliest health conversion foundations in Massachusetts. Since its inception, Fairlawn has awarded over $6 Million in grants to support capital needs, clinical services, and professional education.
Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by the Fairlawn Foundation grant committee.
April 26, 2019
Application Forms & Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Contact: Jonathan Cohen