Proposals must speak to “youth voice” to be considered.
Youth voice means that there is opportunity for young people to have a stake in the program beyond being participants. Examples include a program created and/or led by young people, a youth board seat, a process where youth are asked for input, established leadership roles, external roles for young people or you can speak to how young people have a demonstrated and articulated impact on their community.
Areas of Interest
Areas of interest are determined annually by YCI members after an extensive community learning process. The 2019 funding priorities are:
Basic Needs (Hunger & Homelessness)
- Organizations supporting those who are housing insecure
- Organizations engaged in work on affordable housing
- Organizations providing basic needs, especially clothing, household items, toiletries, food and supplies for babies (formula, diapers etc…)
- Organizations focused on urban sustainability, protecting natural resources, and maintaining vibrant community spaces
- Organizations with projects revolving around improving neighborhoods
- Organizations looking to support projects on beautifying their physical building spaces
- Organizations providing enrichment opportunities to young people (priority given in the areas of STEM/STEAM and ESL)
- Organizations providing services in the areas of emotional health and wellbeing and/or substance use
- Organizations working in the space of sexual health education
Scope and Limitations
Grants will be awarded up to $4,000. Total project budgets may not exceed $25,000.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Application Forms and Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Contact: YCI Staff