Youth for Community Improvement (YCI) Fund
Youth for Community Improvement (YCI), an advisory committee of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation comprised of area high school students, requests proposals from Worcester County nonprofit organizations.
Applications must speak to “youth voice” in their proposal.
Youth voice means that there is opportunity for young people to have a stake in the program beyond being participants. Examples include a program created and/or led by young people, a youth board seat, a process where youth are asked for input, established leadership roles, external roles for young people or you can speak to how young people have a demonstrated and articulated impact on their community.
Areas of Interest
Academic Enrichment of Young People
- Organizations focused on post-secondary education (college access/success, financial literacy, career development, first generation college students)
- Organizations providing academic support in or out of school time
Health & Wellness of Young People
- Organizations supporting the mental health and wellness of young people
- Organizations focused on peer to peer social supports
- Organizations providing sexual health education and/or healthy relationship education
Youth Leadership & Civic Engagement
- Organizations engaging and empowering young people in the areas of government, politics and civic education. Organizations empowering young people around advocacy (Priority given to organizations advocating around homelessness and environment)
Scope and Limitations
Grants will be awarded up to $4,000. Total project budgets may not exceed $25,000.
**Please hold Wednesday, December 19 from 4:30-6pm for a reception with the YCI committee members to celebrate grantees. Invitation to follow**
Monday, November 12. Notification by Tuesday, December 11.
Application Forms and Instructions
The application form is online. The first time an organization applies to the Foundation through our online application system, it creates an Organization Account to use for each application going forward. Please use the same account you have previously used, or create a new one if this your first time applying online. You may contact Foundation staff to find out if your organization already has an account in our system.
Contact: YCI Staff